Tonight we revised Monday’s positions. Kimura, kimura defence, omoplata, arm bar & arm bar to omoplata transition. Plenty of fresh whites. A great class.
The standout for me tonight was that I need to drill the arm bar set up more.
I lacked the smooth patterning.
🔑 Key points:
- Grip wrist same side (eg their left)
- Grab opponents left elbow with your left arm swimming underneath their right arm
- Pull to close space and grab lat
- Foot to hip and scoot head away
- Bring leg over head and squeeze knees
- Arm bar
🔑 Transition to omoplata
- With their non-armbar arm, place near your hip
- Transition to omoplata